- Create a holiday family newsletter
'Tis the season for sharing! There's something about this time of year that inspires us to share updates, photos, and milestones with our friends and family. Need help spreading all that good cheer? Visit the HP Creative Studio and you'll find an assortment of free, holiday-themed family newsletter templates.
Whether you're looking for something whimsical or something traditional, these templates make it easy to put together an attractive, photo-filled newsletter. Just add text and images–it's that simple! Here are some tips for creating a memorable, engaging family newsletter:
- Tell a story about the photos you use instead of just stating facts.
- Pretend that you’re describing these events to a friend (it’s an easy way to get that ideal conversational tone).
- If you feel slightly awkward talking about yourself, try writing your newsletter from the perspective of the family pet, or if applicable, your new baby.
- Keep it light. Concentrate on the good things that happened to you and your family.
- Try to keep descriptions short and sweet—one page is the ideal length for a newsletter.
- Lastly, it's always a good idea to get a second set of eyes for proofreading.
Besides cards and family newsletters, the holiday season often calls for another type of correspondence–letters to Santa. Make this year special with free letter templates from the Dear Santa print app. Just print, have the kiddos add their wish list, and send off to the North Pole!
Print app availability varies by printer model, country, language and agreements.
- posted by LizatHP, Oct. 12, 2011 (0 comments)