- Tricks and tips for a spook-tacular Halloween
You know what's really scary? Realizing that Halloween is just around the corner and you still need some decorations and last-minute costume ideas.
Luckily, you can find printable decorations, masks, pumpkin-carving templates, games, and activities—all from the Halloween Printables app on your web-connected printer. You can also visit the HP Creative Studio to find even more spine-tingling crafts and projects.
Before you get started, check out these tricks and tips to ensure you have a frightfully good time this Halloween:
- Safety first: If your kiddos aren't old enough to use a carving knife, tape on printable masks for a safe and simple way to bring their pumpkin to life.
- Printing 101: When printing things like masks or carving templates, try using thicker paper, like HP Brochure and Flyer Paper—it will make the templates easier to trace and the masks more durable.
- Household helper: Want an easy way to get crisp, precise folds in your paper crafts? Look no further than your kitchen drawer—simply use the back side of a butter knife when scoring on the dotted lines.
- Last-minute kids' costume: Check out the Pirate Party Kit from the HP Creative Studio Party Kits app and craft your own pirate hat and eye patch. Then, just add a tattered white T-shirt, black vest, and boots to complete the look—easy!
Ok, you're all set for an evening of Halloween crafting. All you need now are some scissors, glue, and the spooky sound effects CD you'll never admit to owning.
- posted by LizatHP, Sept. 20, 2011 (0 comments)